Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Learning at Home
Homework makes a difference to progress within every subject. It is an opportunity to:
- Extend and reinforce class work
- Promote self-confidence and self-reliance
- Provide possible indications of underachievement
- Involve parents in the learning process
- Encourage good organisational skills
The school also offers a Homework Club.
Key Stage 3:
Homework must be set according to the homework timetable, which will run on a two-week rotation basis at KS3. Homework at KS3 should take approximately 30 minutes to complete and students given at least three days given to complete it.
Week 1: English, Science, History
Week 2: Maths, Geography, RE, MFL
Drama, Art, Music, Technology, Computer Science should be set once a half term. There will be no formal homework for PE at KS3.
Key Stage 4:
In Year 9, students should have one homework per week per GCSE, each lasting approximately 30 minutes. In Years 10 and 11, students should have one homework per week per GCSE, each lasting 45 minutes to an hour.
Students are expected to use Show My Homework regularly to check which assignments are due each day. Both parents and students can use the mobile phone app to keep abreast of homework requirements.
Working in Partnership
At Trinity School we believe that parents are responsible for their child’s education and development. We work with you to ensure that your child achieves success. One way that parents can participate is to oversee the work done at home.
We encourage parents to:
- Speak with their child regularly about homework and discuss the importance of doing homework
- Check and sign homework diaries at the end of each week
- Provide a suitable environment in which homework can be done
- Contact the school if their child is having difficulties with homework or if there are extenuating circumstances which would prevent the return of homework
- If their child is absent, ensure that they catch up with any uncompleted class work or homework
- Respond to any communication on the non completion of homework and discuss this with their child
As a school we will:
- Set homework using the Show My Homework website.
- Ensure that homework supports and extends learning
- Make it achievable, so it can be done well and on time.
- Support students in evaluating the work and making improvements.
About Homework Club
At Trinity we see homework as an essential part of learning and something that develops student’s lifelong learning by promoting skills for independent study, organisation and time management.
For a variety of reasons we appreciate that some of our students may wish to stay after school to complete their homework or coursework.
To accommodate this requirement we make the Lower House meeting area available
every afternoon from 3:30pm - 4:30pm.
All students are encouraged to take advantage of this facility where our dedicated learning support team are on hand to help when required.
During this time in Homework Club, students may be engaged in any of the following activities:
- Doing homework in supervised conditions
- Using school ICT facilities for homework and revision
- Project work with peers
- Supported and supervised self direct study
About 'Show My Homework'
Show My Homework is an online software which manages school homework between the school and home. Parents, Teachers and Students can all log in and monitor and update the homework