Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Public Consultation December 2020-January 2021
Admissions consultation for
September 2022 intake
Full stakeholder consultation:
7 December 2020 to 18 January 2021
Consultation lead contact: Lois Tinkler
Contact email: email@example.com
Contact address: Trinity School, Seal Hollow Road, Sevenoaks TN13 3SL
It is a mandatory provision of the School Admissions Code and the Code of Practice that an admissions authority is required “to consult each time it proposes to make significant changes to its admissions arrangements or every seven years.”
We are therefore required to undertake a public consultation on our Admissions policy for September 2022. In accordance with the School Admissions Code, the consultation period must run for a minimum of six weeks and take place between 1 October 2020 and 31 January 2021.
In this case the consultation period will run from 7 December 2020 to 18 January 2021.
The admissions authority must determine admission arrangements by 28 February 2021 and publish these on its website by 15 March 2021.
The draft September 2022 Admissions policies for Yr 7-11 and 6th Form (and accompanying Supplementary Information Form) are available at the bottom of this page.
Who can be involved in the consultation?
We invite comments from the following groups:
- parents of children between the ages of 2 and 18
- other persons in the area of each school who have an interest in the proposed arrangements (stakeholders)
- all other admissions authorities within the local area
- the local authority in which our academies are situated (Kent)
- the body or person representing the religion or religious denomination.
What are the changes?
There are separate Yr 7-11 and 6th form policies.
The proposed changes to the Yr 7-11 Admissions Policy seek to
- clarify the arrangements for application of the Faith places criteria in times where churches/places of worship are unable to open
- clarify the arrangements for requests for children to be admitted to the school outside of their normal age group
- update the sibling definition in line with national good practice
The proposed changes to the 6th Form Admissions Policy seek to clarify arrangements for admission to the 6th form now that it is fully established.
How can I submit feedback?
Our preferred method of receiving feedback is by email.
Please email your comments regarding the proposed Trinity School admission arrangements for September 2022 to Lois Tinkler / Chantal Van Staden at firstname.lastname@example.org
However, if you do not have access to email, you can write to us at Admissions Consultation, Trinity School, Seal Hollow Road, Sevenoaks TN13 3SL
All comments must be received before 11.59pm on 18 January 2021.
Your views are important to us and all comments raised during the consultation process will be taken into consideration before any final decisions are made.
The consultation period will run from 7 December 2020 to 18 January 2021.